German composer. Grumpy. Well known for writing "that music fromDie Hard." Was completely deaf—or to be he?
Most everyone knows something around Beethoven. His most famed tune, the insistent and also unyielding—DA DA DA DUHHHH—is miscellaneous that human being far and wide can sing. But there's much more to Beethoven. A lot more. Take it a minute to journey right into the life and also times of this volcanic genius. And join the approve Park Music Festival together we salute Beethoven at the 250th anniversary the his birth.
You are watching: What was beethoven's favorite food
9. Beethoven wrote down musical ideas the moment they struck. whether he to be on a nature hike, in a cafe, walking under the street or shaving, the would avoid in his tracks and write lock down.
8. We don’t actually understand Beethoven’s birthday, only that he to be baptized right into the roman inn Catholic faith on December 17th. Us do know that it to be customary to baptize babies within a work of your birth fan to a high price of child mortality. Thus, background celebrates his birthday on December 16.
7. Beethoven suffered from chronic illness: deafness, a distressed bowel, rheumatism, skin disorders, a selection of infections, and also was jaundiced. An autopsy performed after ~ his fatality in 1827 revealed cirrhosis of the liver as result of copious quantities of wine and also possibly a case of hepatitis.
6. Beethoven quit institution to assistance his family at 13. though his grand had been a influential musician and wine merchant, Beethoven’s dad drank far the family members assets. Becoming a full time court musician, young Ludwig supported his parents and also two younger brothers.
4. Beethoven created an elegy for a dead poodle. The tune is believed to have actually been composed in 1787 once he was around 17 years old. In fact, music poured out of the boy Beethoven, yet his father discourage composition and lied around the boy’s period in really hopes that he would instead come to be a star performer favor the Mozart youngsters (it was much more lucrative). Many of Beethoven’s childhood compositions have been lost.
2. Beethoven’s grandfather emigrated come Bonn native Flanders, for this reason the center name of “van.” scholar have questioned over the definition of the name, whether it refers to beet farming (beet + hoven = sugar beet gardens) or whether the name points come the town of Neder-Betuwe. Nevertheless, the Dutch are happy come lay some insurance claim to the composer; this particular day you’ll find a lively boulevard in Amsterdam called Beethovenstraat.
1. Beethoven might not have been rock deaf.
See more: How Many Ounces In A Powerade Bottle S, Powerade 32 Oz Water Bottle Blue
He to be still in his twenties as soon as he started to endure ringing in the ears. In ~ that point he was a star pianist about Vienna, and also had however to write his very first Symphony. By his forties, civilization communicated v him on paper. However that’s no the finish of the story. New research suggests he can have had some hear in his left ear. A Kent State professor is right now translating Beethoven’s conversation books, and has found several recommendations to pass out sounds trickling through. Nevertheless, Beethoven depended exclusively on the music the heard in his head to create his last 3 symphonies (including the Ninth), a variety of string quartets, piano sonatas, Missa Solemnis, and also more.