Yami method something in Buddhism, Pali, Hinduism, Sanskrit, Marathi. If you want to understand the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translate into of this hatchet then inspect out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or recommendation to a book if you desire to contribute to this summary article.
Source: archive.org: Puranic Encyclopedia
1) Yamī (यमी).—A daughter that Sūrya. One of the wives that Sūrya was Saṃjñā, the daughter the Viśvakarmā. Three children, Manu, Yama and Yamī, were born come Sūrya by Saṃjñā. (Viṣṇu Purāṇa, component 3, thing 2).
You are watching: What does yami mean in english
2) Yāmī (यामी).—A wife of Dharmadeva. The ten wives the Dharmadeva are—Arundhatī, Vasu, Yāmī, Lambā, Bhānu, Marutvatī, Saṅkalpā, Muhūrtā, Sādhyā and also Viśvā. (Viṣṇu Purāṇa, component 1, thing 15).Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: The Purana Index
1) Yamī (यमी).—A daughter of Vivasvan (Sūrya, Viṣṇu-purāṇa) and Samjñā; also Yamunā.*
2) Yāmī (यामी).—One that the ten wives of Dharma and mother the Nāgavīthi.*
The Purana (पुराण, purāṇas) describes Sanskrit literary works preserving ancient India’s vast social history, including historic legends, spiritual ceremonies, miscellaneous arts and also sciences. The eighteen mahapuranas full over 400,000 shlokas (metrical couplets) and also date to at the very least several centuries BCE.
Discover the definition of yami in the context of Purana from relevant books on Exotic India
General definition (in Hinduism)
<«previous (Y)next»>— Yami in Hinduism glossary
Source: Wisdom Library: Hinduism
Yamī (यमी):—The win-sister that Yama, the vedic God that death, that represents the embodiment the Dharma. Yama rules end the kingdom of the dead and binds humanity according to the fruit of their karma.Source: Apam Napat: Indian Mythology
According come the Rig Veda, Yami is the twin sister of Yama. Their mommy is Saranyu (who is the daughter the Tvashta, the artisan God) and also their father is Vivasvant (associated with the sun). She is very fond of her brother.
There is a conversation
According to some of the later Puranas, she is actually the mam of Yama, not his sister.
Tibetan Buddhism (Vajrayana or tantric Buddhism)
<«previous (Y)next»>— Yami in Tibetan Buddhism glossary
Source: academia.edu: The Structure and also Meanings of the Heruka Maṇḍala
1) Yāmī (यामी) is the name of a Ḍākinī who, together with the Vīra (hero) called Yāmacakravartin creates one that the 36 pairs situated in the Kāyacakra, follow to the 10th century Ḍākārṇava chapter 15. Accordingly, the kāyacakra ad to among the three divisions of the nirmāṇa-puṭa (emanation layer’), located in the Herukamaṇḍala. The 36 bag of Ḍākinīs
2) Yamī (यमी) is likewise the name of a Ḍākinī who, in addition to the Vīra (hero) called Yamacakravartin creates one of the 36 pairs located in the Kāyacakra, according to the exact same work. Accordingly, the kāyacakra refers to among the three divisions of the nirmāṇa-puṭa (emanation layer’), located in the Herukamaṇḍala. The 36 pairs of Ḍākinīs
Tibetan Buddhism has schools such as Nyingma, Kadampa, Kagyu and Gelug. Their primary canon of literary works is split in two large categories: The Kangyur, which is composed of Buddha’s words, and also the Tengyur, which contains commentaries from miscellaneous sources. Esotericism and also tantra approaches (vajrayāna) are accumulated indepently.
Discover the an interpretation of yami in the context of Tibetan Buddhism native relevant publications on Exotic India
Languages that India and also abroad
<«previous (Y)next»>— Yami in Marathi glossary
Source: DDSA: The Molesworth Marathi and also English Dictionary
yamī (यमी).—a S that controls or restrains. 2 that practises yamaniyama or yama; that has actually subdued his senses and also passions; a mortified man.Source: DDSA: The Aryabhusan college dictionary, Marathi-English
yamī (यमी).—a the controls. That has actually subdued his passions.context information
Marathi is anIndo-European language having over 70 million native speakers world in (predominantly) Maharashtra India. Marathi, like plenty of other Indo-Aryan languages, developed from at an early stage forms the Prakrit, which chin is a subset that Sanskrit, one of the most old languages that the world.
Discover the an interpretation of yami in the context of Marathi native relevant books on Exotic India
<«previous (Y)next»>— Yami in Sanskrit glossary
Source: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
Yāmi (यामि) or Yāmī (यामी).—f.
1) A sisters (see jāmi); यामिहरणजनितानुशयः (yāmiharaṇajanitānuśayaḥ) Śi.15.53.
3) A daughter in-law; Ms. 4.18.
4) A noble woman.
5) The south.
6) Helltorture (yamayātanā).
7) The Bharaṇī constellation.
Derivable forms: yāmiḥ (यामिः).Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Shabda-Sagara Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Yāmi (यामि).—f. (-miḥ-mī) 1. A sister. 2. A virtuous woman. 3. Night. 4. The south. 5. Relating come Yama. 6. A daughter, or daughter-in-law, recently married. E. yā come go, mi aff.; or ya substituted because that jaḥ view jāmi; or yama Yama, in aff. That reference.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Benfey Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Yāmi (यामि).—yāmī, I. I. E. yam + ī, f. 1. A sister. 2. A daughterin-law,
Yāmi can also be spelled as Yāmī (यामी).
--- OR ---
Yāmī (यामी).—see yāmi.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Cappeller Sanskrit-English Dictionary
--- OR ---
1) Yamī (यमी):—
2) Yāmī (यामी):—
4) Yāmi (यामि):—
5) 2. yāmi f. (or mī) (for 1. Check out p. 850, col. 1) = jāmi (>), a sister, female relation,
6) = kula-strī, a woman of location or respectability,
7) Yāmī (यामी):—b view under 1. yāma, p. 850, col. 1, and also 2. yāmi above.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Yates Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Yāmi (यामि):—<(miḥ-mī)> 2. 3. f. A sister; a good woman; night; the south; a daughter or daughter-in-law.Source: DDSA: Paia-sadda-mahannavo; a considerable Prakrit Hindi dictionary (S)
Yāmī (यामी) in the Sanskrit language is pertained to the Prakrit words: Jamā, Jāmi.
Yami in Germancontext information
Sanskrit, likewise spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an old language the India commonly seen together the granny of the Indo-European language family members (even English!). Closely allied through Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is an ext exhaustive in both grammar and terms and also has the most extensive collection of literary works in the world, significantly surpassing that is sister-languages Greek and Latin.
Discover the an interpretation of yami in the context of Sanskrit from relevant publications on Exotic India
Source: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
--- OR ---
--- OR ---
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as protest to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern an ar of India.
Discover the definition of yami in the paper definition of Kannada indigenous relevant books on Exotic India
See likewise (Relevant definitions)
Starts v (+11): Yamika, Yamikabhata, Yamikacara, Yamikachara, Yamikapati, Yamikasthita, Yamikata, Yamikavritti, Yamila, Yamin, Yamina, Yaminay, Yaminaya, Yaminayati, Yamini, Yaminicara, Yaminichara, Yaminidayita, Yamininatha, Yaminipati.
Ends through (+9): Abhayami, Amtaryami, Anajnatamajnasyami, Antaryami, Asamyami, Atmasamyami, Ayami, Dayami, Dhyami, Dviyami, Imdriyasamyami, Kaigarikodyami, Mahodyami, Mariyami, Nirudyami, Niyami, Padyami, Patayishyami, Patrikodyami, Pushyami.
See more: What Does It Mean When Another Woman Calls You Honey ? Do You Like Other Non
Full-text (+51): Yameya, Nagavithi, Jama, Dviyami, Yama, Yamuna, Saranyu, Yamakini, Jami, Yamira, Yamaki, Samnishcaya, Raktapurna, Adhinamayati, Paribudhyati, Nardita, Abhitripishtapam, Paraspara, Marutvati, Pranayama.
Search uncovered 31 books and stories containing Yami, Yamī, Yāmī, Yāmi; (plurals include: Yamis, Yamīs, Yāmīs, Yāmis). You can additionally click to the complete overview include English textual excerpts. Below are straight links because that the many relevant articles:
Chapter 31 - description of development (2) thing 35 - The summary of Vaivasvata thing 4 - The exalted magnificence that Gaurī and also Śiva present preview