Student ID: 21973473
Exam: 006014RR - Conductors
When you have actually completed her exam and reviewed your answers, click submit Exam. Answers will certainly not be videotaped until girlfriend hit send Exam. If you have to exit before completing the exam, click release Exam.
You are watching: A nonshielded cable with a 1.5-inch diameter should have a minimum bending radius of
Questions 1 come 20: choose the finest answer to every question. Note that a question and its answers may be split throughout a web page break, so be sure that you have seen the whole question and all the answers prior to choosing an answer.
1. Five No. 8 aluminum conductors v THHN insulation are to it is in routed v a conduit uncovered in a boiler room through an approximately temperature of 75°C. The ampacity of each conductor is A. 17.0 A.
B. 48.0 A.
C. 36.6 A.
D. 14.8 A.
2. When soldering a lug top top a copper wire, girlfriend would usage A. Level solder without flux.
B. Acid-core solder only.
C. Both level solder and an acid.
D. Rosin-core solder only.
3. A conductor that"s defined as a 750 MCM wire has actually an area of A. 750 kcmils.
B. 750 in2.
C. 750,000 kcmils.
D. 750 cmils.
4. Ideally, NM or armored cable should be mounted in a wall surface stud at least how far ago from the front sheet of the stud?
A. 3/4 in.
B. 11/2 in.
C. 1 in.
D. 11/4 in.
5. What dimension copper wire have to be supplied for a 125 ft, 15 A branch circuit if a preferably voltage drop of 3.2 V is allowed? A. No. 8
B. No. 10
C. No. 12
D. No. 14
6. A single No. 10 copper wire with kind THW insulation that"s provided in totally free air through an approximately temperature of 158°F has actually an almost right ampacity the A. 36.9 A.
B. 16.5 A.
C. 31.9 A.
D. 40.0 A.
7. Ampacity, or the maximum flow of power for a time period, A. Isn"t dependent on cable diameter or number.
B. Rises as wire diameter increases.
C. Rises as cable number increases.
D. Decreases together wire number decreases.
8. Which one of the following varieties of wire have the right to be used with the push terminals that a duplex receptacle? A. Stranded copper
B. Stranded aluminum
C. Solid copper
D. Solid aluminum
9. If a cable insulation is defined as RHW, you would have the ability to use the cable for what maximum temperature? A. 167°F
10. The most widely offered insulator because that splices of smaller sized wires, prefer those provided for devices, is A. Friction tape.
B. A cable nut.
D. A break-up bolt.
11. A nonshielded cable v a 1.5-inch diameter should have a minimum bending radius of A. 1.5 in.
B. 18.0 in.
C. 12.0 in.
D. 6.0 in.
12. The calculation supplied to determine amperage of a conductor based on the total number of conductors in a conduit is dubbed A. Conduit fill.
B. Voltage drop.
D. Conductor fill.
13. What is the ampacity the a No. 3/0, THHN copper wire, in a conduit through one other conductor? A. 175 A
B. 225 A
C. 200 A
D. 350 A
14. A kind TW cable containing 2 No. 12 copper conductors has a preferably overcurrent defense of A. 20 A.
B. 15 A.
C. 30 A.
D. 25 A.
15. The ampacity the a No. 12 aluminum wire v RHW insulation installed in a raceway that has 19 various other wires is A. 7 A.
B. 10 A.
C. 5 A.
D. 15 A.
16. An electrical iron is plugged into a receptacle that has actually 110 V present. If the voltage loss indigenous the dashboard to the receptacle is 6 V, the line voltage at the dashboard is A. 116 V.
B. 110 V.
C. 120 V.
D. 104 V.
17. A conductor through a diameter of 100 mils has actually an area of
A. 0.00785 in2.
B. 0.01 cmil.
C. 100 in2.
D. 100 kcmil.
18. The diameter that a No. 6 cable is bigger than a A. No. 4 wire.
B. No. 2/0 wire.
C. 250 kcmil cable.
D. No. 12 wire.
End that exam
19. The ease with which a material enables electricity to move is called A. Ampacity.
See more: What Happened To Scout Costume To Kill A Mockingbird ", What Happened To Scout'S Ham Costume
20. Which form of ice is used to round sharp edges ~ above splices using bigger conductors? A. Plastic tape