Welcome to the gimpppa.org thorough page top top the WK Generation Jeep grand Cherokee cabin waiting filter accessory. Walk we miss anything? Please contact us and call us about it!
All grand Cherokee WJ series models (1999-2004) and also the brand-new WK collection (2005-2010) attribute a real estate for surroundings of a cabin waiting filter. No models have ever before come v the filter as standard, it have to be purchased as a Mopar aftermarket accessory and installed under the front cowl. The filter allows a circulation of unrestricted fresh air into the passenger cabin.
You are watching: 2005 jeep wrangler cabin air filter location
The cabin filter is a an extremely worthwhile accessory. It clears solid particulates such together dust, pollen, mold, and bacteria indigenous the air. Steering a car with a clogged cabin air filter from dirt and debris substantially reduces the amount and quality of approximately air that can go into the interior and over time have the right to lead to musty odors in her car as well as decreased HVAC performance. Mopar Cabin waiting Filters eliminate up to 80% of corpuscle one micron or larger. Because that reference, the human eye can not detect particles under 20 to 25 microns.
The filter is conveniently installed under the cowl cover on the passenger side, available from under the hood. Once installed, all external air coming through the AC/Heater vents is filtered. For installation, the manufacturing facility inlet sheathe is discarded and the filter housing and also filter set up in that is place.
To keep cabin air high quality at that best, filters must be replaced typically once a year or every 15,000 miles. Filters deserve to be changed at 2 years/24,000 miles if mainly used in a cleaner setting (less driving on dusty roads and also trails because that example). Regularly changing cabin air filters likewise can reduce build-up of debris and bacteria top top the evaporator main point of her car’s wait conditioning and ventilation system, maximizing the life the the system. Cabin air filters stop many airborne particles, and to some level are capable of reducing gentle odors.
Location that cabin air filter (under hood, passenger side), displayed without the filter covering installed.Note: 1999-2004 design shown, 2005-up WK filter is in same location
|WJ & WK cabin air filter parts|
|Part name: “Cabin waiting Kit”(1999-2010)||Part number: 82208300(supersedes 82204691)||List price: $67.45|
|Part name: “Replacement filter”(1999-2010)||Part number: 5013595AB(supersedes 5013595AA)||List price: $75.96|
(Prices noted are because that reference objectives only and also may differ by dealer. MSRP prices are present as that October 2012. Components are not obtainable from this net site.)
Cabin filter installation
Note: Installation have the right to be done WITHOUT removing the wiper arms:
1. Open up hood.
2. Master the rubber cowl weatherstrip top top the passenger side and also pull it outward to eliminate it to about halfway throughout the firewall.
3. The cowl cover can now be lifted up enough to with in and also remove the old plastic wait inlet cover from the firewall. There space plastic tabs that hold the covering in location (see photograph below). Pull the end the slim side very first which has the solitary clip. You climate rock the cover ago and soon to cost-free up the facility “rosebud” fasteners. Or, every the factory instructions you can cut out the plastic tabs that hold the rosebuds in place. Remove the cover and also discard, it will not it is in reinstalled. If over there is any kind of dirt or debri inside the filter area this would be a good time come clean the out.
4. Insert the brand-new plastic filter real estate into the inlet opening and also fasten it in place. Install the filter into the housing, inserting it closely so the it does no bend too lot as that is rather of a chop fit.
5. Download the filter cover end the filter. I had to bend/squeeze the peak plastic locking tabs together a small in order for it to continue to be in place much more firmly.
6. Put the plastic cowl fasteners earlier in place and also make certain they are firmly seated. Re-install the rubber weatherstrip seal and you’re done!
Factory air inlet cover, former and earlier views. This item is removed and eliminated once installing the cabin waiting filter. The 2 “rosebuds” shown are the plastic fasteners that assist secure the grill cover come the firewall.
There space 3 plastic clips that organize the sides of the original factory inlet cover in place, two on the vast end (shown above) and also one ~ above the small end.
See more: (A) Water At Room Temperature Is Liquid, Water Is A Liquid At Room Temperature
Vehicle air top quality study
A study carried out by California’s South coastal Air Quality administration District discovered that air inside a car may have up come 10 time the pollutants of outside air. Tiny particles of this pollutants, which encompass exhaust fumes, road dust, tree pollen and mold spores, go into a car’s interior by method of the vehicle’s heating, wait conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) system. When inside, castle become part of the air friend breathe. V a cabin air filter, 90% of these contaminants can be prevented from entering her car’s interior.